An Arctic Village in summer!
The Vendée Arctique - Les Sables d'Olonne village will open its doors to the public on Saturday 4th June at 10h00 and will remain open for the duration of the race until Sunday 26th June, the date of the prize-giving. Activities on the theme of the Arctic will be organised throughout the three weeks of the village.
The access to the village and the animations are completely free !
The public will be able to come and discover the IMOCA boats moored at the Port Olona pontoon, from Saturday 4th to Sunday 12th June, the day of the start.
The Vendée Arctique Start will be given on Sunday, 12th June at 5 p.m. IMOCA boats will start to leave in the channel of Les Sables d'Olonne and head to the starting line from 1 p.m.
The village will close on 13th and 14th June and will reopen on Wednesday, 15th June. It will then be open from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays, and from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends. Spectators will be able to follow the race live, attend Lives with the skippers and take part in various activities until the finish and the prize-giving ceremony on Sunday 26th June.
> The stands of the Department of the Vendée will include an exhibition which will highlight the skippers, the race, its course and the highlights of the Vendée area, land of sailing.
> A photographic exhibition on the Arctic by Florian Ledoux.
> A 200m2 ice rink will welcome visitors in the heart of the village
> The Virtual Arctic Expedition game with Oculus headsets, designed by marine biology scientists, will allow visitors to virtually immerse themselves in the Arctic seabed and the environmental challenges of the Far North.
> Many race partners and skippers will hold entertainment stands until the Start.
> Two activities will be added to the program, from June 15 to 22: radio-controlled IMOCA model races, as well as waterball races.
Daily meetings in the Start village:
> At 12 noon, Quizzes on ocean racing and arctic, with many prizes to be won
> At 3 p.m., a daily round table will welcome skippers and many guests to discuss many themes.
> At 5 p.m., Virtual Regatta Inshores challenges, thses 7-minute simulated regattas will be broadcasted on the village's giant screen.
> At 7 p.m.: Live "from the pontoon" with the skippers
Saturday June 4:
- > 10:00 am: Opening of the village
- > 5 p.m.: IMOCA Runs - race against the clock - in the bay of Sables d'Olonne in front of the embankment
- > 9:30 p.m.: Presentation of the skippers on the village stage
Monday, June 6:
- > 10 am : Village opening
- > 4 pm: Debate on the theme of the Arctic with the participation of Under The Pole and Pure Ocean
Friday, June 10:
- > Big concert in the village
Sunday June 12:
- > 1:00 p.m.: Leaving the pontoons
- > 5:00 p.m.: Start of the Vendée Arctic Les Sables d'Olonne
Saturday June 18:
- > Explorer photographer Florian Ledoux will be in the village to share his adventure and present his photographic exhibition.
Tuesday, June 21:
- > The Vendée Arctic - Les Sables d'Olonne will organize its music festival with the program: No Pigeons After Ten, followed by the local stars Idle Fingers starting from 9 p.m.
Wednesday 22 / Thursday 23 June:
- > ETA First finishers
Sunday 26 June:
- > 5 p.m.: Skippers Prize-Giving Ceremony
- Saturday June 4: 10am-11pm
- Sunday 5 to Sunday 12 June: 10am-8pm
Village Course & Arrivées
- Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 June: closed
- Wednesday 15 to Friday 17 June: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June: 10am-8pm
- Monday 20 to Friday 24 June: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.Saturday 25 to Sunday 26 June: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The village bar will be open every day until 01:00hrs